Posted by Sabrina Pena Young
Female: Pressure Electronic Artists Support Solidarity Campaign of Kurdish Women in Rojava
female:pressure has launched an awareness and solidarity campaign for the cantons of #Rojava(located in northern Syria), where women participate on all levels of decision making and building a new society from scratch, with built-in social, racial and ethnic justice, religious freedom, ecological principles and gender equality.
With a series of music, media and sound art to listen, dance and fight to, we would like to send our love and strength to these women and spread a positive message in support of their efforts.
Western Kurdistan (Kurdish: ڕۆژاڤای کوردستان, Rojavayê Kurdistanê), known simply as Rojava ("the West"), is a de facto autonomous region in northern Syria, also known as Syrian Kurdistan. The region gained its autonomy in November 2013 as part of the ongoing Rojava Revolution, establishing a society based on principles of direct democracy, gender equality, and sustainability. Rojava consists of the three cantons of (from east to west) Jazira, Kobani, and Afrin. Rojava is unrecognized as autonomous by the government of Syria and is a participant in the Syrian Civil War. Kurds generally consider Rojava to be one of the four parts of a greater Kurdistan, which also includes parts of eastern and southeastern Turkey (Northern Kurdistan), northern Iraq (Southern Kurdistan), and northwestern Iran (Eastern Kurdistan). However, Rojavan government and society is polyethnic.
- YPG : Ankara Attack a Pretext for Turkish Invasion of Syria
- NATO Turkey reveals plan to annex northern Syria, Rojava!
- Syria: 500 Turkey-backed Sunni Arab Fighters Cross to defend Azaz from Kurds
- AnkaraGate: Bloodthirsty Turkish Leaders Kill Their Own Soldiers In A False Flag To No Benefit For Their Propaganda Campaign
- Turkish Irregular Forces enter Syria plus Turkish Regular Forces dig in inside Afrin Syria
- Dozens of Turkish military vehicles cross Syria border, dig trenches - report
- Erdogan's War Against Kurds in Southeast Turkey is 'Part of Business Plan'
- Wanted Lee Co. man fighting ISIS speaks out for first time
- Turkey blames PKK and allies for Ankara blast
- PHOTOS: Turkey Army Troops Enter Syria's Aleppo Province - Veterans Today