COMPOSER BOOT CAMP

COMPOSER BOOT CAMP
COMPOSER BOOT CAMP 101

Busy Mom Daze

Mother and baby
Mother and baby (Photo credit: ECohen)
Like most working moms (which is pretty much every mom in the world unless you happen to be part of the .000000000045 % that gets to enjoy bon bons while a dozen staff members do all your mommily duties, including changing diapers, managing the bills, and kissing booboos), I find that I don't have enough hours in the day to accomplish both mom duties and paid work (notice the distinction, "paid work" involves monetary recompense for my toil). Things like organizing the sock drawer fall to the wayside. And to be honest, I hate cleaning and do more of a maintenance type of cleaning to my home, which really means that I keep extra Clorox wipes in key areas of the house for a quick wipe down instead of dedicating a whole day to housecleaning like my studious Cuban mom and abuela did. 

(DING! Momentary pause as I get my daughter her "chicken nuggets" for lunch, which is really flattened falafel.)

Between the economy and extremely high expectations set upon myself by a whole generation of women that believed that yes, you can do it all, like everything, I think I often fall prey to "mommy guilt" when I can't accomplish my 150 tasks for the day. 

I look around the apartment and the list gets longer and longer, and maybe I will never achieve my goal of super mom and super musician, but at least yesterday my daughter and I enjoyed a pleasant walk to the Italian bakery where we shared some delicious chocolate cake and spent the afternoon at the library reading, at least my hubby came home to a hot meal (we're trying Paleo now) and gave me a big smooch as he entered the door, at least I have already projects lining up for the new year from video games to multimedia work and a horror flick soundtrack, and I think I am a third through my first novel, based on the Libertaria opera from last year. 

So the computer desk continues to look like a hurricane blew up Office Depot and I can count at least half a dozen socks in random states of cleanliness around the house, and the dog lying at my feet needs a bath, but we are happy, and I guess that's all that matters!  

Now to get ready for some grading so I can fine time to host a Superbowl party tomorrow!
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

FAVORITE POSTS THIS MONTH!

NEW Libertaria Chronicles Expanded Edition at AMAZON

NEW Libertaria Chronicles Expanded Edition at AMAZON
NEW Libertaria Chronicles Expanded Edition at AMAZON