COMPOSER BOOT CAMP

COMPOSER BOOT CAMP
COMPOSER BOOT CAMP 101

About the Visual Music Work Metamorph



Metamorph was composed entirely on the Malletkat (a MIDI controller set up like a percussion mallet instrument). The piece was originally created for a live performer on electronic keyboard, tape, and video. After some tweaking, Metamorph was able to stand alone as a tape piece.


I love using the Malletkat for composition. I got mine from legendary composer Pauline Oliveros when I was interning with the Deep Listening Gallery in Kingston, New York three years ago.

The video for this work was created by an above shot of my body in a large bean bag in my New York apartment. By applying some difference filters, mirror effects, and some overlay, I was able to create this semblance of a creature coming to life. It was a similar technique to the piece, MNEO, that I created with Tampa-based composer Seth Keith.


Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

FAVORITE POSTS THIS MONTH!

NEW Libertaria Chronicles Expanded Edition at AMAZON

NEW Libertaria Chronicles Expanded Edition at AMAZON
NEW Libertaria Chronicles Expanded Edition at AMAZON